Sage ERP X3 upgrades – Essential precautions to keep in mind during patch updates
To maintain and update your instance of Sage ERP X3 you will need to download and install the new Sage ERP X3 upgrades and patches. There are many reasons to install new patches on your Sage ERP X3 including:
- corrections and so on.
Patch integration could be critical for your ERP System.
Before and during applying the patches, and based on our experience we recommend that you follow some simple rules:
- Read all documentation related to the patch set.
- Make a full backup of your ERP X3 Database, Live Folder and customs reports.
- Create a test folder from your live folder.
- Test and apply all the Patches as a package.
- Run a full regression test.
- Make sure that all your custom developments are preserved.
- If the test is successful, before applying the patches in the X3 and live folder make sure that there is no any user connected to X3.
- If you encounter any issues after the patches are integrated in your Live Folder restore your backup and restart the patch integration from the beginning.
Even if the recommended procedures are followed correctly, sometimes issues occur. There are some frequent patch integration issues such as:
- Posting error in Accounting Interface
- Error: stat=0 KEY1=CHG000027 KEY2=~ KEY3=~ KEY4=~ KEY5=~
- The setup is incomplete:
- Legislation=XXX Stock value adjustment where “XXX” is legislation.
In a future blog we will provide you with detailed information on how to resolve these issues. In the meantime if you need assistance regarding your Sage ERP X3 upgrade, please contact us and our ERP Consultants would be pleased to help you.