Configuring Sage ERP X3 to email reports
During my various assignments, I have observed that to send purchase requests, orders, receipts, or invoices to business partners, many companies proceed traditionally as in the following manner: Printing and scanning or saving the document as PDF file, then create a new email, find and add the business partner contact, find and attach the saved PDF document and finally send. Progressively, clients and vendors have started to require electronic documents for their transactions, which make this traditional approach ineffective and inefficient. Sage ERP X3 has embedded a powerful tool called Workflow that helps you do all of this in one single task and in an effective manner covering all the steps listed above.
We have helped clients to set up the Workflow management in their Sage ERP X3 and they have found this feature very useful. In this blog, I will highlight sending an email with a report attached. We will discuss the other features of Sage ERP X3 Workflow Management in later blogs.
To be able to email automatically with reports attached through Sage ERP X3, some prerequisites and settings are required.
Following are the step to set up and send emails to business partners with reports attached.
Step 1: Configure in Safe X3 Management Console the Print server and Web server for the concerned folder.
It may be necessary to contact your system administrator to help with this step.
Step 2: Setting up the Workflow general parameters
- Go to Parameters -> General parameters -> Parameter Values.
- Find SUP module – Folder – (Folder Name). The print below is for a folder NATRAINV6
- Righ click on Workflow and select Detail
- Enter the IP address or server name of your E-mail server here (SERMES)
- Select Server as E-mail Type (TYPMES)
- Click OK, Click End
- Save the parameter value edits and Click end.
Step 3: Setting up the Workflow Rule
- Go to Parameters -> Workflow -> Workflow Rules. Find workflow “APRINT”. The APRINT workflow rule is the standard rule that triggers the workflow emails
- Edit the General TAB as below
- In the tab recipient in the Conditions group, for each report to be attached and emailed, enter the condition apply this specific report. The condition would ensure that Workflow will execute for the concerned report only
In the Message tab
- Select Server, to use Outlook for sending set the sending option to ‘Client’.
- Check ‘Message can be edited” if you want to specify the additional recipients’ before mail is sent.
- Make sure that “File to attach” is set to “GFILPATH”.
Step 4: Setting up Workflow email addresses
- Setting up the User email workflow in the User function
- Go to Parameters -> Users-> Users. Find the users and add workflow email address
- Setting up the business partner contacts with function and email.
- Go to Common Data -> BPs -> Suppliers. Find the Suppliers and add contact in the contact tab.
- Go to Parameters -> Destinations -> Destination.
- Create a new destination with Message as Output Type.
Step 6 – Now you are ready to email with attached reports.
For the following case, I will send an email to my supplier with purchase order report attached
- Select or create and click Print
- Select a report format.
- Select the Destination code in the destination field and then click Print button
- Check your recipients and messages and Click Ok. All recipients referenced here will receive the e-mail with the message and this purchase order report attached.
Sage ERP X3 Workflow embeds a lot of features, which may help to make your business processes more effective and efficient. Talk to us today at Mantralogix and we would be pleased to help you optimize your Sage software capacity.