How to set up ILAP email on BlackBerry
Several of our customers have asked our Mantralogix IT Support team for assistance on setting up Internet Light And Power (ILAP) email on their Blackberry devices. Here’s a quick tutorial on how to set up ILAP email on BlackBerry that anyone can use!
- On the Home screen of your BlackBerry device go to Set Up.[break2]
- Select Email Accounts.[break2]
- Select the account type “Internet Mail Account”.[break2]
- Select the account type “Other”.[break2]
- Enter the ILAP Email address and associated password.[break2]
- If the BlackBerry displays an error message such as “Invalid email address or password. Verify your email address and password”, close the message if necessary and select the option “I will provide the settings”.[break2]
Note: In some cases, “I will provide the settings” may not appear. To force this option to appear, enter an invalid email address such as [email protected] and an invalid password. Be sure to re-type the correct email and password once the advanced settings are made available.
- Select “POP/IMAP”.[break2]
Enter the following information:
- Incoming Server / pop3 server: ilap.com
- Outcoming Server / smtp server: ilap.com
- Username: ILAP username
Click the Continue or Finish button to complete setup.
- Server Settings: Please make sure data plan on the device is activated or the device is connected to Wi-Fi in order to enable the communication with the ILAP server.
Mantralogix is happy to provide further assistance on this and other IT support issues you may have. Please contact us at 1-866-320-8922!