Sage CRM Exchange integration with Office 365
Sage CRM Exchange Integration enables the automation of data synchronization between Sage CRM and the Exchange server at the back-end, including appointments, tasks and contacts. Recently, many companies have changed their email systems and have implemented cloud solutions, such as Office 365. Some Sage CRM customers have been asking for an Exchange Integration solution with Office 365. Through testing we have confirmed that the following solution is workable (originally posted by Rob Hurson at Sage Community Center).
Office 365 can be accessed at http://login.microsoftonline.com. The administration account is required for the exchange synchronization in Sage CRM, for example, [email protected] This account should have full permission for configuring the cloud email system and the user accounts.
After obtaining the administration account with the password, the impersonation user for Exchange integration could be configured for Sage CRM using Windows PowerShell tool.
Solution Steps 1 -11:
Step 1: launch Windows PowerShell on the local server. It can be run at any server, not necessary only by the Sage CRM server. You must have administrative permission to run it, and the server / login user should have internet access and should pass the company firewall to access Office 365.
Step 2: Run the following command: Set-ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted
You may receive the following message for policy change as below and click ‘Yes’ to accept.
Step 3: Run the following command: $LiveCred = Get-Credential
You will be asking to enter your credential, which will be used for the impersonated user in Sage CRM.
Step 4: Run the following command:
$mySession = New-PSSession -ConfigurationName Microsoft.Exchange –ConnectionUri
https://ps.outlook.com/powershell -Credential $LiveCred -Authentication Basic -AllowRedirection
Step 5: Run the following command:
It will show the import status at the top of the window. Please wait for the completion.
Step 6: Run the following command:
If it has been done before, it will not be required to run again.
Step 7: Run the following command:
New-ManagementRoleAssignment -Name:”CRMImpersonation” –
Role:”ApplicationImpersonation” -User:[email protected]
This is the same as the normal configuration on your Exchange server for exchange integration.
Step 8: Configure the exchange server integration in Sage CRM
- Exchange server connection URL: https://outlook.office365.com/EWS/exchange.asmx
- Exchange server user name: [email protected]
- Domain: it should be blank
- Other fields should be same as normal configuration
Step 9: Enable synchronization for each user in User Mailbox Management in Sage CRM. It recommends enabling one user for the first time to testing the synchronization process.
Step 10: Configure the parameters of Synchronization and enable the synchronization.
Step 11: Check the logs to review the failure and success of synchronization for both general and individual user.
Tips to configure your exchange integration:
- Make sure the Tomcat service has been started and run properly. This can be verified from the Dashboard or by exporting data to Excel. You can restart the service if it does not work properly.
- Make sure only basic authentication is enabled at the Exchange EWS folder. Windows authentication should be disabled.
- Check the values at the table Custom_SysParams if you did upgrade or move the database from another server.
- If the synchronization process failed, please check the log file. You may find the data issue in the log files, such as wrong format of phone number, URL, email address.
- Work with network engineer on the firewall settings to ensure there are no connection issues.
- Office 365 may ask you to change the admin password regularly. Please make sure the exchange server integration is re-configured after changing the password.
- Call us if you need any further assistance at 1-866-320-8922