Sage 100 ERP 2014 Release – next step to Cloud and improved usability
With the 2014 Sage 100 ERP (Sage ERP MAS 90 and MAS 200) release Sage continues its journey to respond to customers’ needs, and at the same time “teach old dogs new tricks” – to move Sage 100 ERP one step closer to a Cloud solution.
In other words, most of the additions are in favour of fewer clicks, less typing, less effort to find and enter data, and to make Sage 100 ERP more “Cloud friendly”. Most of the improvements related to direct customer usability are in the heavily used modules – AP, AR and Reporting.
Highlights of improved functionality
- In AR and AP long time requested Autocomplete has been added. For the Customer Number and Name, Vendor Number and Name, Item Code and Description – it’s enough to type in the first couple of letters resulting in a list of Customers or Vendors starting with this letter – and your choice can be easily selected. It will improve the speed of entering Sales Orders, Purchase Orders and Invoices.
- Existing functionality for the Reports- Keep Window Open after Print or Preview- now is added to Custom reports and Financial reports. This has already proved very convenient for users – a feature that helps keep one report open for reference when the user is working with other reports.
- In the Search Grid the default value in the Column Name is from the first column of the grid. It also saves time for the search in Invoice Data Entry.
- In Invoice Data Entry for Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable a new button has been added to access the Invoice List. It is also saves time for users as all invoices are only a click away. This feature works for the Repetitive Invoices as well.
Sage Intelligence Enhancements
- A lot of attention was paid to Sage Intelligence. Now Installation of Sage Intelligence is streamlined and is a part of the Sage 100 Installation.
- Also, for better reporting and analysis Sage 100 now is compatible with Excel 2013. Sage Intelligence now works with 32 and 64 bits versions.
- Sage Intelligence itself also has been improved with a new, more user friendly interface, updated Report Designer, Reports Manager and Report Viewer.
- For Sage CRM, Sage 100 continues to make integration easier and more comfortable for the users. Compare the Sage 100 2013 Release, integration with Sage CRM now has new capabilities. Windows 8 Tablets users can access to Sales Tracker, to see their Sage CRM companies, persons and opportunities for their pipelines.
- Also for the iPhone users Sage CRM Sales Lite will give the opportunity for salespeople on the road to monitor their tasks, data, appointments, calls, and e-mails.
- Sage CRM now has direct connection with Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. It will give salespeople easier access to information about their prospects and customers.
- Finally, some new features which moves Sage 100 toward Cloud Solutions. Sage is adding Cloud features to traditional on- premise Sage 100.
- The first is Sage Data Cloud – a new tool which allows connecting Sage 100 to the variety of Cloud services such as data storage.
- The next cloud-based solution for Sage 100 is Sage Billing and Payment. It allows users to be “out of their offices” and at the same time have easy access to Invoices and Payments.
- Access for customers to their Invoices through Online Portal. It will allow them to be aware of their outstanding invoices and to make payments easily.
- Sage Mobile Sales provides the ability to make sales and collect payments using their iPads. The data in the ERP system is updated in real time. Also, all essential information is available for the users – sales history, inventory, and catalog.
Sage Inventory Advisor
Sage Inventory Advisor is another web-based solution. It is providing the capability to closely monitor inventory, reduce stock and as a result reduce working capital. This is a new tool to improve forecasting and to make planning less time-consuming.
This is only a brief snapshot of all new features of Sage 100 ERP 2014 Release. Please contact us if you would like more information.
For sure Sage continues its journey to Cloud Computing and excellent customer care.