Microsoft Office 2013 Preview – Benefits at a glance
Microsoft Office 2013 has arrived. It’s a powerful service that helps you unleash your best ideas, get things done and stay connected on the go. Simply sign in for a personalized experience and all the most up-to-date Office applications, with new and enhanced features continually being added, including OneNote, SkyDrive, SharePoint, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook.
Benefits at a Glance
Experience Microsoft Office 2013 at its best on Windows 8 devices
- Access what matters from the start with a fast and fluid interface that puts your most-important documents, applications and people right up front
- Discover new and better ways to create, edit, and browse using a keyboard, pen, or touchscreen.
Your documents and settings roam with you with Office in the cloud
- Sign in to your account and your Office applications, documents, and personal settings are right there, just the way you left them.
- Save your work online in SkyDrive or SharePoint where it’s easy to access, edit, and share on the go.
Keep your social networks and contacts well connected in Office
- View multiple email accounts, Facebook updates, and LinkedIn feeds all in one place with Outlook.
- Get ongoing updates on specific documents, sites and people delivered to your activity feed and stay connected in real-time by chatting with co-workers right within Office.
Discover better ways to create, read and share documents
- Capture and organize all kinds of information in OneNote – notes, pictures, web pages, voice memos, and other media – and easily share them with others.
- View Word documents in the new Read mode for a clear, focused, and easy-to-navigate reading experience on large and small screens.
- With your documents saved online in SkyDrive or SharePoint, you can review and edit simultaneously with others, with the latest changes and comments accessible to the group.
Talk with family, co-workers, and friends virtually anywhere
- Coming soon, with the full release, talk to anyone using Skype, including 60 minutes of free international calls every month to landlines in over 40 countries and to cell phones in 7 countries. (Skype account required. Excludes special, premium and non-geographic numbers.)
- Transform meetings with presenter view and high definition video conferencing. (HD video camera required)
Microsoft Word 2013
Word is cleaner, sleeker, easier on the eyes. New templates and design tools help you put the finishing touch on documents, and you’ll find new and updated ways to share and work with others.
With the new Word, enjoy greater focus and less distraction, with an improved screen-reading experience.
- New Read Mode – Text reflows automatically in columns to make it easier to read.
- Object Zoom – When you view tables, charts, images, or online videos, a finger tap or mouse click lets you see the detail. When you’re done, another tap or click returns them to their original size.
- Resume Reading – Word automatically bookmarks your last-visited spot. Enjoy your reading, take a breather, and then pick up where you left off – even on a different PC or tablet.
- Work together – Sharing documents with reviewers and others is even simpler and more efficient.
- Reply Comment Place comments next to the text you’re discussing so it’s easy to track the conversation.
- Simplified Sharing Your documents are saved online to SkyDrive or SharePoint by default. Send everyone a link to the same file, along with their viewing and editing permissions, and be assured that everyone sees the latest version.
- Present Online Share your document with others even if they don’t have Word. Send them a link, and as you read through the document on your screen, they can follow along in their browsers.
- Polish Add the finishing touch of online videos and photos. Lay them out like a pro with new alignment guides. And enjoy how smoothly Word handles PDF content.
- Alignment Guides Align charts, photos, and diagrams with your text for a polished, professional look. Handy guides pop into place when you need them and disappear when you’re done.
- Live Layout Text reflows instantly as you drag a photo, video, or shape to its new position. Release the mouse button, and your object and surrounding text stay where you want them.
- PDF Reflow Open a PDF in Word, and its paragraphs, lists, tables, and other content act just like Word content.
Ready to create more striking presentations? Select a theme, add a design variant, align text and pictures, and more. Work on the same version with others at the same time, and present with more confidence and control.
- Design Use new wide-screen themes and variants, add videos, pictures, and shapes, and create customized icons using powerful tools.
- Start Screen The new Start experience helps you jump-start the creative process with a collection of new themes.
- Theme Variants Choose from alternative color schemes and then apply the look you like with a single click.
- Alignment Guides Exhibit a designer’s touch by aligning shapes, text boxes, and other graphics with text.
- Merge Shapes Use the Union, Combine, Fragment, Intersect, and Subtract tools to merge two or more shapes into the shape you want.
- Impress An improved Presenter View helps you to stay organized, focused on your presentation, and keep your audience engaged.
- Slide Zoom Direct your audience’s attention to your main point. Zoom in on a diagram, chart, or graphic with a couple of clicks, and then zoom out just as smoothly.
- Navigation Grid Easily switch slides – in or out of sequence – from a grid that only you see, your audience sees only what you’ve selected.
- Auto-extend When you project to a second screen, the settings ensure that your presentation appears on the correct screen.
- Work Together Improved collaboration tools make it easier to work with others on the same presentation at the same time on different PCs. And if someone doesn’t have PowerPoint? No problem. Just project your presentation right to their browser.
- Reply Comment Place and track comments next to the text you’re discussing so everyone can readily see who replied to whom, and when.
- Simplified Sharing Your presentations are saved online to SkyDrive or SharePoint by default. Send everyone a single link to the same file, along with their viewing and editing permissions, and be assured that everyone sees the latest version.
- PowerPoint Web App Coauthoring You and your team can work together on the same presentation at the same time from the desktop or in the browser with the PowerPoint Web App.
Excel 2013 Preview
Enjoy new ways to explore your data more intuitively. Visualize, analyze, and display results with a single click. And when you’re ready, it’s easy to share your freshly discovered insights.
- Discover Reveal the insights hidden in your data. Easily extract what you need from imported information with Flash Fill, and perform complex analyses quickly with Recommended Pivot Table.
- Recommended Pivot Table Excel summarizes your data with previews of various pivot-table options, letting you select the option that tells your story best.
- Flash Fill Here’s the easy way to reformat and rearrange your data. Excel learns and recognizes your pattern and auto-completes the remaining data, with no formulas or macros required.
- Visualize New analysis tools help make it easy to visualize data with a click of the mouse.
- Recommended Charts Let Excel recommend the charts that best illustrate your data’s patterns. Quickly preview your chart and graph options, and then pick the option that works best.
- Quick Analysis Discover a variety of ways to represent your data visually. When you like what you see, apply formatting, sparklines, charts, and tables with a single click.
- Chart Formatting Control Fine-tune your charts quickly and easily. Change the title, layout, and other chart elements – all from a new and more interactive interface.
- Share It’s easy to work together or share with others. Send a link to co-workers, post the link to a social network, or present online.
- Simplified Sharing Your workbooks are saved online to SkyDrive or SharePoint by default. Send everyone a link to the same file, along with their viewing and editing permissions, and be assured that everyone sees the latest version.
- Post to Social Network Share selected portions of your spreadsheets on the web by simply embedding them on your social network pages.
- Present Online Share your workbooks and collaborate with others via a Lync conversation or meeting. You can also allow others to take control of your workbook.
OneNote is a digital notebook for creating and storing all your notes. Your notes are automatically saved and searchable so you have them when you need them. And when you’re on the go, they travel with you on your favorite devices or nearly any browser.
- Go Your notes move seamlessly with you to OneNote apps on your favorite devices Windows Phone, Windows 7 or 8, iOS, and Android. Or you can open the notes in your browser via Office Web Apps
- The New OneNote Draw, type, click, or swipe – OneNote has been reimagined for Windows 8. Your notes are saved, searchable, and synced to OneNote apps on your other devices. The OneNote app is available through the Windows Store to customers participating in the Windows 8 Release Preview.
- On Your Devices You can use OneNote Mobile apps on Windows Phone, iOS, and Android phones. And if you’re using a browser, just open the OneNote Web App.
- In Sync OneNote syncs with SkyDrive and SharePoint, so your notes are always up to date on all your devices. Simply sign in to find your notes – no need to use thumb drives or to email them to yourself.
- Capture Make OneNote 2013 your spot for notes, links, webpages, sketches, and media – all the ideas and info you want to keep on hand.
- Embed Files Insert pictures, documents, videos, and more into your notes, and all the information you need is a click away. If you insert an Excel spreadsheet, you get a preview of charts and diagrams next to your notes. When you update the Excel file, your preview updates automatically.
- Inking Smoothly draw, erase, and edit with your finger, stylus, or mouse. If you’d rather write than type, OneNote can convert your handwriting into text.
- Tables More powerful table tools allow you to make headers and quickly move around rows and columns. Want to create charts or do advanced calculations? With one click, you can convert tables in your notes into embedded Excel spreadsheets.
- Find Your OneNote 2013 content is automatically searchable. You can even find the words you’re looking for in pictures. No need to remember where you put it all OneNote keeps track for you.
- Search It’s easy to search your notes and files for anything you’ve captured – a particular term in a note, text in a picture, or a title of a file.
- Auto-save OneNote saves automatically as you go – so there’s one less thing to remember. You can always export notebooks, sections, or pages if you want to have a separate copy.
- Simplified Sharing Because your notes are saved online to SkyDrive or SharePoint by default, you can send your friends a link to the file and be assured that everyone is viewing the latest version.
Outlook helps you manage your busy life more easily and efficiently. You get new and improved ways to find information quickly, handle email, coordinate schedules, keep current with contacts and social networks, and tame your unruly to-do lists.
- Communicate Quickly connect and share files with the people and groups that matter most to you.
- Exchange ActiveSync Support Connect Outlook with Exchange ActiveSync, and you’ll receive push-based email, appointments, and contacts via the most popular email servers and services.
- Navigation Bar Continue to enjoy quick and convenient ways to open your email, calendar, contacts, and tasks.
- Social Connectors Get the very latest updates automatically from people in the social networks you rely on most – LinkedIn, Facebook, and others.
- Manage Organize and control your email flow and meeting schedules with new Outlook tools that help you pull it all together effortlessly.
- Peeks Grab a quick glance at your schedule, an appointment, or details about someone you’re emailing – without having to rearrange windows or lose your train of thought.
- People Card Seamlessly integrate multiple contacts into a single view, while presenting social context and removing needless duplication.
- Share Your Calendar Make your calendar available for others to view, so that scheduling meetings and responding to meeting invitations is easier and more convenient for everyone.
- Find Outlook lets you locate important information quickly, helping you communicate key ideas and decisions to the right people, right now.
- Weather Bar View the forecast right in Outlook, and let the coming weather inform how you plan your day’s schedule or your next trip.
- Search Quickly find email, attachments, calendar appointments, and contacts through improved search.
- Fast Filters and Context Commands With a single click, instantly see what’s on your calendar today, next week, or next month. Filter, arrange, and work with your email in a number of intuitive ways.
Contact us to explore the many advantages of upgrading to Office 2013! Mantralogix is proud to be a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner delivering Microsoft technology to small and mid-sized enterprises across North America.