As you may know, we’re pretty big fans of Sage – so much so, that we at Mantralogix have made it our priority to bring you all the amazing products and services that Sage has to offer.
Having said that, as we do every year around this time, we spent the last week immersed in all things Sage at the Sage Summit! Each year, we know that the event will fill us with knowledge, pride and excitement for what’s to come for our great industry. So, in anticipation of these great things, we packed up our new Mantralogix t-shirts and headed down to Chicago to join 20,000 other Sage partners and affiliates.
The theme for this year’s Sage Summit was “Ignite your passion” – a phrase brought to life by Sage CEO Stephen Kelly, who stated in his opening keynote, “At Sage we want to help you ignite your passion for business.” Our team of Mighty Mantras can speak to that. Every day, we work hard to ignite passion and excitement into our work with clients.
The event was jam packed with an all-star cast, from Richard Branson to Gwyneth Paltrow, and two of the Sharks from the Shark Tank. Each day, we were treated with a glimpse of different aspects of business, including the cloud and entrepreneurship and even to accounting and payroll. These were all created around surprise announcements and updates about Sage products.
We truly felt loved this week, as Sage recognized the integral role that partners play in their day-to-day business. CEO Kelly enthused, “working with partners has always been in my DNA, my blood.”
With so many great moments this week, it’s hard to say what we loved best. Here are some of our favourite highlights:
- Did you know that Sage Summit is known as the largest gathering of Entrepreneurs in the US, drawing in over 20,000 people each year?
- Sage Summit was all about smart technology. This ranged from bots, artificial intelligence, the Internet of Things to everything in between.
- CEO Stephen Kelly, stated “60% to 70% of software, services and technology spend will be cloud based by 2020” and Sage will participate through Sage Live, the company’s real-time cloud accounting solution that will be delivered on Salesforce Lightning.
- At this year’s Sage Summit, we met the first-of-its-kind accounting bot, named Pegg, who will act as a smart assistant.
- This year, Sage announced their new vision for Sage Foundation; its global philanthropy initiative. This new integrated programme will give Sage colleagues, customers and communities a chance to play a part in making a difference around the world.
- Good news for accountants, meet Sage Live for Accountants: a version the Salesforce-compatible cloud accounting engine template for the accountancy profession
- Our CEO and President, Kerry Mann was asked to speak on a panel. You can check out the photos below!